Hello all,

I am new to sqlalchemy and was introduced to it by a project (cjklib)
that uses it. I want to migrate this project to Amazon SimpleDB and
since it makes extensive use of sqlalchemy I thought the best course
of action might be to make a SimpleDB dialect in sqlalchemy which
could possibly benefit other projects trying to move to AWS.

The purpose of my post is to see if there is any such effort out there
or any other interest in this. Also I was wondering if there is any
good docs/tutorials on implementing a Dialect.
>From my current understanding I plan to implement engine.default
http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/browser/sqlalchemy/trunk/lib/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py
which will use the boto library to interface with simpledb
http://code.google.com/p/boto/

Any thoughts?

--
Ian Johnson