sorry to tune in late, but how different is AmazonDB from googleDB?

googleDB seems like a plain non-relational DB like berkeleyDB/btrieve
kind of thing.

to map a relational and non-relational schemas in same way u need
higher level of abstraction - sqlalchemy is only about sql.
so i had an idea to make a backend for googledb and similars for my
http://dbcook.sf.net, which uses higher level of abstraction - but
the idea haven't progressed into anything real. Now it translates
your declarational schema only into sqlalchemy... but that isn't the
only possiblity.
Thus to say - if dbcook.sf.net can be of help, use it.
Mail me if anyone interested in digging further.

ciao
svilen