On 15/02/2011 14:27, Eric Lemoine wrote:
But aren't apps supposed to use<=0.6.99 to avoid backward compats
issues?

Well, I wish I could just say < 0.7 but I guess that would suck in 0.7 betas? Tarek?

That said, this is spot on. Honestly, it's up to the consuming package/project to limit what versions it'll accept. So Michael releases 0.7 final, your app might still not have been upgraded to work with it, is it now Michael's fault your build is broken or people complain that they easy_install'ed your library and it sucked down the wrong version of sqlalchemy?

I hope the rhetorical nature of that question is apparent, and I only wish there was more support in the python community for specifying sensible backstop version limits...

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk