What do you see if you drop SqlAlchemy's logging to DEBUG?

I think I had a similar problem a long time ago, migrating from 0.5 to 0.8.
 In my case, the issue was with the `Session` factory -- i was not properly
creating/deleting `session` objects and they got recycled.  So an error
raised on one web page request , invalidated the transaction on a
completely different web page request.  i think there was a slight API
change, couple with me doing things "the absolute wrong way" in 0.5.

the only thing I can think of, is tossing in a few `log.debug()` lines to
trace your session objects and ensure that you're not accidentally
recycling anything.  i'd also make sure your current session/sessionmaker
setup is in line with mike's current recommendations (which are in both the
docs and faq)