Just tell wget --no-check-certificate in the command line.  wget does not use a
certificate repository and you need to obtain and specify the expected root
manually.  It will be no less secure than it was before (when using HTTP)
except that now it will use Transport encryption.  Certificate checking is
useless for proving identity anyway unless you have obtained the root and
validated the chain yourself and not rely on crud from untrustworthy
third-parties.

THat is, change the comand line to

wget -O - --no-check-certificate https://sqlite.org/download.html

---