On 8/29/06, Ritesh Kapoor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Can you - DRH or someone else provide some more background information
on why locking dosen't work on NFS mounted file systems.

If its a known issue then is there an SQLite compile time option that
would remove locking - i couldn't find one.

When I got stuck with this problem I had to remove all locking code in
sqlite.  I googled and did find some information related to NFS-locking
on different mailing lists but all of this information wasn't
connected.  This seems to be a problem known for a long time now - Why
hasn't it been fixed?

The operating systems in question don't work correctly.
Sqlite can't fix it. It could be documented better or a test put
together that would warn you though.