I would endorse Roger's comments. A web interface can give you everything you can get from a stand-alone application but also gives you flexibility.

The greatest advantage of the web application is that you have no software loading onto PCs, a real nuisance. As long as the browser works you are in business.

Javascript give you plenty of capability and you can go to Java Applets if you have something very special to do.