Have a look at Sqlite date code. I just lifted its data structures and used its functions to build user functions to give month etc. The algorithms are accurate and they are easy to use. I found setting up user functions to do those calculations made the SQL simpler.

The functions are in a file called date.c. Here is one function which we added to Sqlite to get the month number as an example -

*!!!TSI addition.*/
/*-- monthFunc ---------------------------------------------
Return the month number.  Added by TSI.*/
static void monthFunc(sqlite3_context *context, int argc,
  sqlite3_value **argv){

  DateTime x;

  if (isDate(argc, argv, &x) == 0){
    computeYMD(&x);
    sqlite3_result_int(context, x.M);
  }  /*if*/
}    /*monthFunc*/
/*!!!End TSI addition.*/

RB Smissaert wrote:
Is it possible with Julian dates in 2 fields to calculate the months and/or
years difference between those 2 dates?

I know I can subtract the 2 dates and divide by 30 (or 30.42) or 365 and
take it from there, but I would like it a bit more precise, so for example:
Is 2 March 2006 more than one month after 1 February 2006?
If calculated with a simple division the answer would be no, but I would
like it to be yes.

Had a look at the date/time functions on the WIKI site, but couldn't see it.

RBS