I am not into C and I want to stay clear from compiling SQLite.
Or do I misunderstand this?

RBS

-----Original Message-----
From: John Stanton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 17 December 2006 20:38
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Calculate years and months difference with Julian
Date?

Have a look at Sqlite date code.  I just lifted its data structures and
used its functions to build user functions to give month etc.  The
algorithms are accurate and they are easy to use.  I found setting up
user functions to do those calculations made the SQL simpler.

The functions are in a file called date.c.  Here is one function which
we added to Sqlite to get the month number as an example -

*!!!TSI addition.*/
/*-- monthFunc ---------------------------------------------
Return the month number.  Added by TSI.*/
static void monthFunc(sqlite3_context *context, int argc,
   sqlite3_value **argv){

   DateTime x;

   if (isDate(argc, argv, &x) == 0){
     computeYMD(&x);