I am using SQLite because it is easy to use (zero config). To add to your
project.  And it was  well designed by Mr. Hipp, with a really to use API. A
wild SQL support.
Because there is not Client-Server, and thousands times better than access
and foxpro
Many people uses, so there is a lot of help.
A lot wrappers for C++, PHP, Python, Ruby on rails, and others.
Because it is done in C, it will have a great performance

A proof of the power of SQLite is that is used in Google Gear Project.