[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Scott Derrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is probably a stupid question but has frustrated me a couple of times.

When using the command line interface sqlite3, a couple of times I have forgotten to use the "." before a command. After that I get a "...>" prompt that I can't seem to escape from and accepts no commands? My only choice is to shut down that terminal and start a new one..

There must be an easy way to get back to the command mode? And what is the "...>" mode?

Type a semicolon on a line by itself.  You'll then get a syntax
error and you will be back at the command prompt.

Where I get tripped up is making a typo in a multiline query that may have destructive effects if I terminate with a ';' and allow the CLI to execute the query. To date I have aborted the CLI with a ^C (MS Windows). I would love have a means of escaping/cancelling back to the prompt without executing from a partially entered query. Perhaps the escape key is a good candidate for actioning this functionality should someone implement it.

--
Regards
   John McMahon