On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 10:41:35AM -0800, Ken wrote:

> In the spirit of the conversation the OP wants the DB to strip out white
> space. I contend that this is the applications responsibility either as
> DRH suggested by using proper sql expressions. Or by using a trigger. Or
> better yet by implementing inside his application if possible adding code
> to strip white space.

I'm not sure, whether did you notice, that I wrote about the same - and my
feature suggestion was: "because it's so common operation, repeated again
and again - perhaps the database server/engine could do it"?

> Triggers are another route, but I recommend letting the DB do its job of
> storage. [..]

Forgive me for being contrary: you just wrote, that most of core functions
listed on  http://www.sqlite.org/lang_expr.html  seems to be useless. They
aren't related to "DB's job of storage" at all, anyway.
--
                                pozdrawiam / regards

                                                Zbigniew Baniewski