On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 11:12:42AM -0800, James Dennett wrote:

> To take an example (and I apologize for it being from your message, but
> that's a convenient place): when you write "I ended the discussion
> *yesterday* already", it's easy for me to take that as being rude
> because it implies that you have the power to unilaterally terminate a
> discussion on this list.  Now, I think that you really meant that you
> stated yesterday that *you* did not need any further discussion, and I
> don't really believe that you intended to tell others that they are not
> permitted to continue the discussion if they wish to do so.  However, if
> I were of a mind to look for "rudeness", I could find it even where none
> was intended.

Sorry, perhaps I should write: "from my side..." - or something like this.
I meant just: "the answer was `no', and I accepted this - and there was no
need to `beat that horse' any further", as someone politely wrote.

> Our goals here are the same -- we want SQLite to continue to be a fine
> database within its niche, and to improve.  It's natural that there are
> disagreements on what constitutes "improvement", and even that there
> will be tensions as the forces behind those disagreements are resolved.
> Let's not waste time debating perceived insults on the list?

Thanks, James and Puneet; it wasn't my intention to offend anybody, perhaps
partially my (not so well, still working on this) english is to blame, but
I'm not native speaker - consider this, reading any of my posts
--
                                pozdrawiam / regards

                                                Zbigniew Baniewski