Also, don't forget trailing white space, e.g. "Hexion " != "Hexion".

RW

Ron Wilson, S/W Systems Engineer III, Tyco Electronics, 434.455.6453

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Igor Tandetnik
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2008 10:55 AM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] SQlite and C works with "like" but not with "="

"Daniel White" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Which way is it stored in the database? Show the output of this
>> statement:
>>
>> SELECT SongTitle FROM songs WHERE SongTitle like 'hexion';
>
> There are 8 records of Hexion in the database, so after a printout
> to the console with a carriage return after each value, I basically
> get:
> Hexion
> Hexion
> Hexion
> Hexion
> Hexion
> Hexion
> Hexion
> Hexion

And you are saying the statement

SELECT SongTitle FROM songs WHERE SongTitle='Hexion';

doesn't return any rows? With all due respect, I find it difficult to
believe. Would it be possible for you to email a copy of the database
file to me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] ? Perhaps a stripped-down version,
with just enough data to reproduce the problem.

Igor Tandetnik