"Daniel White" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> The course of action I thought you implied was to change
> it from "hexion" to "Hexion", and so I hoped that would
> return the results, but it still doesn't.

Which way is it stored in the database? Show the output of this
statement:

SELECT SongTitle FROM songs WHERE SongTitle like 'hexion';

>> You get the number of columns with sqlite3_column_count. The only
>> way to
>> get the number of rows is to retrieve all of them (e.g. by calling
>> sqlite3_step in a loop).
>
> Thanks. I'm guessing the inability to obtain the number of rows
> is an SQL design compromise rather than a fault with sqlite or
> SQL in general.

I'm not sure I understand the question. But imagine you were
implementing a relational DBMS. You need to execute a query

select * from someTable where someCondition;

How would you go about figuring the number of records in the resultset,
short of looking at every record in someTable and evaluating
someCondition for each? Because if you do look at every record, then
calculating the count is no easier or faster than just running the query
and counting the rows.

Igor Tandetnik