The course of action I thought you implied was to change
it from "hexion" to "Hexion", and so I hoped that would
return the results, but it still doesn't.

"Still" meaning, just like the small 'h', 'H' doesn't
work either.

Dan also mentioned the capital letter thing so it
was a reply to him as well.

> You get the number of columns with sqlite3_column_count. The only way to
> get the number of rows is to retrieve all of them (e.g. by calling
> sqlite3_step in a loop).

Thanks. I'm guessing the inability to obtain the number of rows
is an SQL design compromise rather than a fault with sqlite or
SQL in general.

Dan

www.skytopia.com