I should have mentioned, if it were me, I'd write the mini server
first as a single process in a loop, and make it as fast as possible.
If you try to do db updates with multiple processes, you'll have
concurrency issues.  It might make sense to use multiple processes if
you also have lots of queries, and have only 1 process (or thread)
writing, while a pool of processes handles queries.  Not sure how well
SQLite handles this situation, but since you are doing group commits,
it will greatly decrease your write load and potential concurrency
issues.

Jim