Hey, if anybody has an SSD laying around, it would be interesting to
run that commit test program I posted a while back to see what kind of
transaction rates are possible.  Although, verifying whether the SSD
is actually doing the commits or just saying it is would be very
difficult.  With rotating media, you at least have an upper bound
(120/sec for 7200rpm, 166/sec for 10Krpm, 250/sec for 15Krpm) and if
you go outside that, you know it's a lie.  Not sure how you could
verify that commits/syncs with an SSD are actually working other than
repeatedly pulling the plug and seeing if the db survives intact.

Jim

--
Software first.  Software lasts!