You won't know until you test it.  It varies for all situations.  You don't
know if you have a problem until you test it.  Is there something stopping you
from testing?

What you may not understand that it's not "redindexing" -- it's deleting one
node from the index and inserting another.  So the indexing will be slightly
slower since the 1st pass is only doing an insert.  However, you're not
expanding the disk file so there's potential time savings there which may make
up for it.

Michael D. Black

Senior Scientist

NG Information Systems