> boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of Eugene N
> Mailing list is the one true way; Look what IT forums turn into
eventually...

This is a generality and not really an argument.
Which forums do you mean?

I have followed several forums which work exactly as one would hope for. Two
examples comes to mind:
https://forums.virtualbox.org/
http://forums.codeblocks.org/

> The only way to maintain high level of responsibility and seriousness of
> discussion is, alas, a mailing list

I don't see why. The two examples above are very good forums with relevant
posts, etc.
I find that SQLite would fall in the same category: A technical expertise
forum covering a specific product, application, programming language, etc.
With a members only access and very dedicated users.

/Frank Missel