Hi Mark,

I started this thread with a  suggestion of having a forum for SQLite rather
than a mailing list. That is the subject line.
All posts have been related to that. I wished to see what the consent or
lack thereof was in the community. Possibly it would then also be noted by
those that presently run the SQLite mailing list.
So how is that off topic exactly?
Those that don't have anything to add to it, don't have to bother with it.

If you had started another thread about some technical aspect of SQLite and
I then started mailing to that thread inserting irrelevant posts about a
forum I would agree with you. But that is not quite the case is it.
Your reply come over as somehow offended and I don't really see why.

Possibly you may feel that these post take up space in the general SQLite
mailing list, but that is one point of having a forum, that one can easily
overview and follow the threads which are of interest -- although I did not
start the thread to demonstrate it in that way :-).

I appreciate your suggestion about starting a forum myself. I do feel,
however, as stated earlier that it is not my business to take over the
running of the SQLite website, mailing list, forum, etc. That would belong
with the organisation, company, persons that take care of that now. By
having this thread with people replies and opinions it can then give an idea
of the pro and cons as well as an idea of how would be for and against it.

Best regards,

Frank

Your