Of course, the behaviour is not actually "undefined" -- it is perfectly
determinable and entirely predictable and reasonable.  However, if one does not
understand the factors which determine the behaviour then, for you, the
behaviour is undefined.  In other words, if one does not know what results are
expected to be obtain and why, then the responsibility rests with the one who
is "using the force" instead of understanding what they are doing.