Erik - 2
Sent: Monday, 8 June 2015 11:51 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] User-defined types -- in Andl

david at andl.org wrote on Monday, June 08, 2015 9:23 AM

> Ultimately, I don't think it will really matter, because the role of
> Andl is to be platform independent. Do you care what your SQL product
> is written in?

Absolutely.  I wouldn't be using SQLite if it wasn't C/C++, and I suspect
that I'm not the only one.  It wouldn't even make sense for me to spend time
looking at Andl, no matter how good it is.

Implementation technology is critical to anyone that embeds SQLite.  I'd
guess that the SQLite developers' choice to use C was not accidental.

Many people are perfectly productive using C/C++.

Erik