Jean-Christophe Deschamps
Sent: Tuesday, 9 June 2015 5:16 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] User-defined types -- in Andl

At 08:27 09/06/2015, you wrote:
????
>Andl is at a slightly higher level than SQL for writing simple queries.
>Where it shines is writing complex queries that involve user-defined
>types, custom transformations and custom aggregations. For complex
>relational operations there is nothing I know that can come close,
>productivity wise.
`---

You call for complexity, you get it!

What I would find pretty convincing is seeing how andl would translate the
self-contained sudoku solver posted by E. Pasma in this post:
ch/051982.html

Granted, this is far from the typical SQL you can find in routine use, but I
believe that andl being able to elegantly translate it would certainly
impress a number of readers and make many of us more interested in digging
further.

I'm not throwing such a mayhem challenge at you in the tone of "if andl
can't do that, then shut up". Maybe andl is not yet complete enough today to
achieve that and this wouldn't be a big issue. But if it can I'm sure andl
will attract more attention.

JcD