On 6 Apr 2016, at 9:58am, Rail Jon Rogut <sqlite3 at platinumsamples.com> wrote:

> That I can demonstrate all day long.. but I'd have to show that the issue is
> their library causing the issue, so I'd need to demonstrate the shell
> executing the commands okay without their library attached.

Okay, I misunderstood.  I thought that you were writing one program calling the
SQLite API directly, and that it was running at the same time as another
program you had no control over.  I had meant that the SQLite Shell Tool as the
'other' program.

So instead, to test this keep your program as it is and use the shell tool to
have the database open, and having done a SELECT command or something to ensure
that it really does have the database file open.

Then run your program including the amalgamation source code and have it call
the SQLite API directly.  That should work.  Then replace the amalgamation
source code with the 3rd party DLL you've been told to use and see if that
introduces problems.  If it does you have a small easily-reproduced problem.
And the code you included in an earlier post is small enough that if they think
you're doing something wrong they should be able to tell you what they think
you're doing wrong.

Simon.