On 3/19/09 12:20 PM, "erfon haubenstock" <m...@erfon.com> wrote:

> EEESH, i installed macports and when i try to port install i get an error
> that says the error "port: command not found"
>
> maybe this has something to do with it?   my
> $PATH=usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sb
> in:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin

One common pitfall here is that you must open a new shell for the port
command to be recognised (or re-export the correct PATH). This seems likely
as the default location for the port command is /opt/local/bin/port, which
is not in your PATH.

If it's there, it'll probably be as easy as quitting and relaunching
terminal.

Jean-Denis