I want to see SQLite integrated into the R statistical package. R Project
http://www.gardenersown.co.uk/Education/Lectures/R/regression.htm#multiple_regression

for example.

R statistical is very and becoming more popular, has great plotting,
and wrestles data in frames that look awfully like sql tables.  R has
built in procedure function, can cast text around fairly powerfully
and so on.  It is begging for the sqlite engine.

Like me, getting better access to government statistical table.