Ge Ba wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> so it seems like your Plugin is the way to go for transcoding audio with
> LMS, for me in particular to transcode DSF to PCM/WAV for some of my
> players which cannot do DSD. :(
>
> I've installed LSM 7.9.1 on Synology DS 216play which has an enough
> powerful floating point calculating ARM CPU for transcoding - it already
> does it perfectly, with MinimServer utilising (as far as I understand)
> ffmpeg for the actual transcoding (why do you use SOX rather then
> FFMPEG? - just out of curiosity)
>
> I tried the DSDPlayer plugin to no success, but I would like to give it
> another try with C-3PO. Here's my LMS Info:
>
> Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 @ Sat Aug 19 09:00:13
> UTC 2017
> Hostname: DiskStation
> Server IP Address: 192.168.1.51
> Server HTTP Port Number: 9002
> Operating system: Synology DiskStation - EN - utf8
> Platform Architecture: armle-linux
> Perl Version: 5.24.0 - armle-linux
> Audio::Scan: 0.93
> Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
> Total Players Recognized: 4
>
> From another thread I learned, that Audio::Scan: 0.93 is too old and
> should be at least 0.94 -> I guess I will have to address this with
> Michael Herger.
>
> Apart from that, do I understand correctly that if I install C3-PO and
> replace SOX, I should be ready to go? :rolleyes:
>
> thanks so much,
> Ge

1. C-3PO is born as an helper over the LMS transcoding procedure, that's
why it keep using same tools, like SOX.
2. You could use FFMPEG (that you need to install apart) but just for
transcoding, not for resampling, just becouse SOX is well known as one
of the best tool you could use for this task.
3. The only free tool I know to convert PCM to DSD, viceversa and
resample DSD is the mansr modified SOX.

About using C-3PO (and SOX) over Synology DiskStation I really don't
know, but If LMS and SOX are working properly, there is no reason C-3PO
should not, have a try!