QLMS is much more in control, and protected the QLogitechMediaServer.
Has all the need libary's it needs to run.
Is much better optimize to run on a server/nas system.
You will notice it, when you got another heavy job running on the QNap.
QLogitechMediaServer, will stop playing audio, QLMS on the other hand
will keep playing.
For QLMS it mutch easier to add missing prg or libaries.
No need to have anything like a kind off Optware installed for lame/wma
support
For those under us, how have a older QNap which is not supported
anymore, still can use QLMS.
( That's why i went this way, as those hat errors about missing libarys
or other errors)

But i'm still curious why you have you're music folder under home ?

dolodobendan wrote:
> In the end, it's just a matter of taste. I think I'd keep both versions
> and use QLMS as the new name, because it's something new.
>
> I'm not sure if I like the chroot concept, but I understand why you'd
> want to use it. Yes, I like it the way it was with 1.09e. ;)

*
maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.1 ( with spotty and youtube )
Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from
different sources.*