Ok, so problems got a little worse. Somehow the installation got
completely messed up between last night and this morning. The server
lost the settings for my Music folder and Playlists and I am unable to
load the Control Panel - when I start it the splash page appears and
then disappears but no Control Panel loads. I am running Windows 10 with
LMS 8.0.0. My server log is too large to allow me to upload. How does
one prune this?

You could upload it to my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/T3RctyzGgNg0oFDubq6a

But I start to believe that you have bigger issues than just LMS. If you loose settings, then something's wrong with your system. Scans fail for unknown reasons, configuration files get corrupted... sounds like disk or file system issues to me.

--

Michael