Annie Body wrote:
> Thanks for your replies, but the advice to scrap an otherwise working
> system then replace it with something else hardly counts as a solution
> to the problem in hand!
> I do not understand how replacing the Squeezebox Touch with a Pi leads
> to the LMS being able to work properly in Windows. Perhaps someone can
> explain how this method resolves the PC software issue.
>
> The tray Icon is not the issue as without it running in Windows 10 you
> can't get the option to display it.
> When it is running it displays automatically.
>
> As reported elsewhere, if you install a version later than 7.7.6 then
> you do not get a full working installation. It appears later versions
> are updates only.

All squeezebox devices (touch, radio, boom) need a server to provide
content.  This can be mysqueezebox.com or running LMS on a computer.
What some are suggesting is to run LMS (using picoreplayer) on a
raspberry pi instead of running LMS on windows 10.  The advantage of
this is the pi is small and runs all the time and is very stable.  A lot
of work is done by people on this forum to maintain picoreplayer and
LMS.

In reading the suggestions.  I offer the following:
1. In windows 10, Go to add or remove programs and uninstall LMS.
2. Reboot.
3 download LMS 8.2 for windows 10 at https://mysqueezebox.com/download
4. Install LMS as administrator
5. Reboot

The problem with not finding LMS in the icon tray might be a windows 10
problem, not a LMS problem.  I have had this happen occasionally and
usually a reboot is the solution.