As a dedicated Windows user, I don't have much to add to what's already
been said as to trying a completely clean install of the latest LMS
version.  But I would add this - I've used LMS and Squeezeboxes of one
sort or another for *decades* on Windows (currently 11) with hardly any
problems whatsoever.  So, while I in no way decry the moves some make to
Pi systems etc, there is currently no reason whatever why you should not
get a fully working, fully reliable, PC-based LMS world.  It's annoying
to you (and others here!) that it's not working for you just now - but
the issue is just not inherent to Windows, as some seem sometimes to
suggest.....

LMS 8.2.1 - 1639114554
Win10
Control: Web GUI; MaterialSkin on Android phones / pads

Machines / devices are in France, in two locations.
a) Livebox 4
Internal HDD (FLAC music; mp3 voice), LAN Desktop
3 x Touch - 1 wireless, 2 LAN. (8.0.1-r16855)
2 x SB Radios [wireless] (8.0.1-r16855)
2 x SqueezeAmps

b) Freebox
External SSD, WiFi Laptop