Trent et all,

I'm no expert but I believe Steve is correct in his analysis. I bet a
larger dia sight glass would make a difference- I have less of a problem
with my 3/4" locos. A longer sight glass MAY help but usually, by design-
and wisely, the bottom of the sight glass should only extend to the safe
low point of the boiler water level. which could admit vapor to the tube
when the water is lower. Does a blowdown  on the glass help if the loco is
stopped. I certainly have a problem on most of my  45mm gauge locos except
the Merlin Hunslet which utilizes  the water tubes going to two plates --no
tube as such.     OK Harry where are you?  Wade into it!!

Geoff.

Hello Everyone,