Harry et al,

I have often wondered why manufacturers dont make the tubing and glass of
larger dia-is it because of possible glass tube breakage due to the
pressure.? Then couldn't thicker walled glass tubing could be used.? Even
the 3/4" scale glasses aren't much larger than our little locos. In the
case of the 1985 Merlin Hunslet, the glass plate on the water level
indicator is thicker and fastened with a number of screws.  It reads
accurately yet the tubes leading into it are pretty standard. One of Tom
Cooper's inventions??--He sure had some!--Like a huge butane tank and and
an equally big boiler. All for long running.   Not a perfect loco by
today's standards but still very accurate to the prototype.

No I'm not selling it!!

Geoff.

.