On 2009/07/15, at 17:37, Jonathan Schleifer wrote:

Am 15.07.2009 um 18:32 schrieb Richard Dobson:

Which still does not solve the presence flood.

Yes it does, if its stamped with jabber:x:delay its a response to a probe and thus an initial presence, if not then its not an initial presence, simples.

Which still does not solve the presence flood. Only how it is presented to the user.

You write "solve the presence flood" and to me that reads as there is a big problem with it. Maybe that problem is obvious to you, but it really doesn't seem a problem to me. Can you elaborate exactly what is the problem with presence flood?

The "initial-vs-other presence" problem (for end-user notification) is solved by the jabber:x:delay namespace. What other problems are there?

Is there a solution that will provide the same level of information (show, status, availability, priority and caps) that the current presence flood provides? And that works in a distributed environment?

I would like to help and solve this problems with presence flood, but sincerely, I still don't see what they are.

Best regards,