On Wed Aug 10 03:41:40 2011, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
I can't think of anything more appropriate for presence than
communication context. As RFC 6121 says:

Any extended content included in a presence stanza SHOULD represent
   aspects of an entity's availability for communication or provide
   information about communication-related capabilities.

To my mind, PEP is for everything else -- tunes, activities, location, and other things that change more or less frequently than presence itself.

(As I'm about to hit send, I've seen Ralph's note arrive - +1 to everything in that, with the exception that I think temporary disconnections are a per-connection thing by definition, and therefore have to live in <presence/>)

But XEP-0108 includes both phone calls and meetings.

Moreover, it even allows your Webex case to be properly handled:

<activity xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/activity'>
 <working>
  <in_a_meeting>
    <webex xmlns='http://www.webex.com/xml/webex'/>
  </in_a_meeting>
 </working>
</activity>

Moreover, PEP allows you do set the activity and drop offline.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:d...@cridland.net - xmpp:d...@dave.cridland.net
 - http://dave.cridland.net/