Which is the bigger advantage, more exposure, more convenience, more bugs
raised, and more pull requests.

I do however understand that its more complicated than it seems on the
surface. But projects being posted on google code or bitbucket that almost
puts me off contributing.

Unfortunately this comes up every 6 months and seemingly the status quo
doesn't work for people joining the XSF and some of the current membership
(not that current efforts are not appreciated obviously).

I'm happy to discuss again but we need to make a firm plan to either do
something or remain as we are.