On Tue, Nov 7, 2017, at 12:29, Jonas Wielicki wrote:
> We have to appreciate that sometimes content is sent from sources which
> are or
> are not human, outside of the control of the client itself or otherwise
> unpredictable and unreasonable. For example, I have an application which
> essentially bridges command line utilities to XMPP. Having e.g.
> blockquote
> styling applied to lines beginning with "> " would be unfortunate and
> make the
> output much less readable.

This seems very niche to me, I am not relaly concerned with the
occasional code paste being broken. I have never heard of this being a
problem in Slack (for example), so I don't see why it would be a problem
here either. The people who are pasting code are probably also the
people who will figure out what's going on with the least amount of
trouble. A 100% solution with no false positives would be great, but I
can't think of a way to do it without significantly more complexity or a
formal markup language (which is against the requirements I drew up
based on previous discussions).

—Sam