Hi,

Based on the discussion we had on this ML a couple of weeks ago ([Standards]
What is the size limit of node and item ids in XEP-0060:
Publish-Subscribe?
https://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2018-March/034410.html).

I see that this XEP define the item ids of the Pubsub nodes this way: "Each
item SHALL have, as item id, the Room JID of the chatroom".

Are we sure that the format accepted by item ids follow the same rules as the
ones in JIDs (size wise, character encoding wise…)? This
question is also about having other XEPs in the future that can handle items
the same way (for example if we define a Pubsub Nodes
Bookmarks XEP).

In a previous XEP that was doing something very similar I simply used a hash to
ensure that https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0330.html.

Regards,

Timothée Jaussoin