On Mittwoch, 21. März 2018 18:07:53 CET Sam Whited wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2018, at 12:01, Kevin Smith wrote:
> > I’d argue (and did at the Summit) that the opposite is true and that if
> > we want (especially impromptu) MUC to start working nicely across
> > multiple accounts we need clients to react to the user leaving rooms
> > manually by disabling the autojoin and then having other clients leave
> > as well. They only joined because the autoflag was set, so isn’t it
> > logical for them to leave when it’s no longer set?
>
> I agree with this; when I do something on one client, I almost always want
> it synced to my other clients. Room joining and parting is the same.
> Similarly, just because my connection dropped and came back up a moment
> later doesn't mean I should suddenly not be joined to rooms anymore.

This is what I meant primarily, sorry. I was unclear.

> If I'm
> in a room, I should autojoin it from all my clients on startup,

Now, I disagree here. I have several rooms which I don’t want on my mobile
device for battery reasons (my go-to example is #openstack on
irc.freenode.net). But I have multiple desktop-like devices which I would like
to join and leave those rooms synchronously.

But as it was said elsewhere, I guess this can very well be solved with per-
device-class (notification) settings plus CSI. If we are going for that. In
that case, I don’t care if my mobile has joined #openstack; it would not be
woken up unnecessarily because of that, and it would not generate
notifications from that; but if I wanted to take a peek, I could, which is
arguably nicer than having to join it manually on that device.

> if I close
> the room, it should close immediately in my other clients and no longer be
> autojoined on startup.

For closing I agree.

kind regards,
Jonas