пт, 4 сент. 2020 г. в 16:37, Georg Lukas <ge...@op-co.de>:

> This was discussed before, and in my eyes the XEP hammer looks
> sufficiently right for this, as it gives us:
>
> - a proper process to decide what goes into the Compliance Suite

In efficient organizations a process serves as means to some end. But
this is bureaucracy for bureaucracy's sake.

> - a version numbering for CS versions

You can easily achieve it by linking to documents with previous versions.

> - an archive of previous versions

The list of extensions to a standard is the best place for an archive,
right. It is obvious that the smaller the standard, the more
accessible it is, so bloating it artificially with non-relevant
information reduces the chance someone will decide to implement it.

> Making it a dedicated page on the website means that additional process
> needs to be created for the web team (check whether a PR touches the
> magic compliance URL), and for the Council (is that web page maintained/
> updated in a similar way to an Informational XEP? How do we get
> community feedback? How is a new version approved?). This needs then to
> be written down and approved by Board.

This, again, is a bureaucracy for the sake of bureaucracy. The process
can be precisely the same, you don't need to bloat the specs with
entries that will be obsoleted in a year just because you need an
archive or an orderly way to update information.

--
Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ