Hi Andrew,

thanks for your suggestion!

* Andrew Nenakhov <andrew.nenak...@redsolution.com> [2020-09-04 11:08]:
> I understand that boy with a hammer treats everything as a nail, but
> come on: if you really want a compliance suite, you shouldn't pollute
> the list of extensions with this day-to-day bureaucracy, but simply
> publish a 'compliance suite' page on https://xmpp.org/compliance/ URL
> and update it when necessary. [...] You can even have past versions of
> compliance suites there for archive purposes!

This was discussed before, and in my eyes the XEP hammer looks
sufficiently right for this, as it gives us:

- a proper process to decide what goes into the Compliance Suite

- a version numbering for CS versions

- an archive of previous versions

Making it a dedicated page on the website means that additional process
needs to be created for the web team (check whether a PR touches the
magic compliance URL), and for the Council (is that web page maintained/
updated in a similar way to an Informational XEP? How do we get
community feedback? How is a new version approved?). This needs then to
be written down and approved by Board.

The only important thing that's missing currently is a stable URL for
the current Compliance Suite, and I'm sure somebody can stand up and
prepare a small PR that contains a brief intro (e.g. copy&pasted from
XEP-0423) and links to the current as well as to all previous CS XEPs.

Georg