On 2020/09/02, Tedd Sterr wrote:
> I suspect their main benefit, rather than for implementations to claim some
> level of compliance, is as a guide to which features are in use across the
> ecosystem, and therefore worthwhile to implement. As federation requires
> overlapping feature-sets, this neatly answers the question: "if there are 440
> XEPs, which ones am I meant to implement - surely not all of them?!"

This ^

I don't particularly aim for compliance with poezio or anything else
XMPP I have a hand on. I came to the conclusion compliance suites are
not actually interesting apart for what Tedd said.

See also: https://bouah.net/2020/07/what-about-design/

TL;DR: I think we'd need a lot more profiles for all the various design
guidelines out there and that's certainly not the role of the XSF to
dictate what e.g. Snikket wants to do.

--
Maxime “pep” Buquet