Farid Zaripov wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Black [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 5:57 PM
To: stdcxx-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Re: regression test suite naming convention

If we constrain ourselves to the proposed options, my vote is for Option 2. The reason for this vote is because it allows us to more easily determine what regression tests need to be run for a particular change.

If we don't constrain ourselves to the proposed options, I wish to put forward an additional option.

Option 3:
    Put all regression tests in tests/regress/, using the following
    naming convention:
    tests/regress/<section-number>.stdcxx-<issue-number>.cpp

This option would allow us to quickly locate all regression tests, and identify which section each regression test applies to without consulting Jira.

  I'm voting for option 3. Because that tests are not depends on the
rwtest library, I think they would be in separate directory
(tests/regress/).

Good point! Yes, the regression tests do not need the rwtest
driver and probably shouldn't even link with it. Storing all
the tests in the same directory would make implementing this
change in the makefiles easier.

This also raises the question of how the regression tests
should be run. The exec utility expects tests to produce
output in a certain format. Tests that don't are normally
reported with the FORMAT status. The utility (and probably
also the makefile infrastructure) would need to change to
accommodate tests with this type of output.

Martin