>But its not bad either for basic form validation (null, range checks & like)
>and much better than using Javascript. I dont think any backend will rely
>upon JSP validation and wont perform its own tests prior to saving the data.

Well, one of the 1.1 discussions is client side validation using JavaScript,
which as of JavaScript1.2 has regext facilties built in, so I'd expect they'd
be used. But that stops older browsers from working. But as you point out,
server side validation should be done as well to correctly check the data
against a greater number of tests.

--
Kumera - a new Open Source Content Management System
for small to medium web sites written in Perl and using XML