Personally, I keep thinking that if we had a CJAN, then we really
wouldn't need a contributors area. Just a Struts category therein.

The CJAN idea comes up on the Jakarta General list regularly, and I
think it would be the big fix for many problems in Javaland right now.
("Where do I find" comes up with great regularly on any list I've seen.)

The original proposal for the Commons included the beginnings of a CJAN,
but may be a while yet before I can get to it myself.

It would seem to me that between JAR's and Javadocs, the language is
ready-made for something like CJAN, if someone had the energy to get
that ball rolling.