Hello,

A few weeks ago, I mentioned in the struts-user list a tag library that we
are developing which at the time I called gui:table...  I didn't have the
source ready to go at the time - but rather then trying to get it perfect in
isolation, I'll risk the public humiliation and go ahead and make available
what I have now and try to work with others who are interested in
helping me polish it up.

Currently, this taglib has a single key tag called "table" that takes a list
of objects and displays them as a table.  It has various features
(alternating row colors, using a decorator for formatting, sorting,
pagination, etc...)

My goal over time will be to add other common "high-level" web display
patterns to the tag library, for example:

   - display:table
   - display:tree
   - display:tabs
   - display:inspector
   - etc...

The source to this tag library is available at:

    http://edhill.its.uiowa.edu/downloads/display.zip

Examples, showing usage can be found at:

    http://edhill.its.uiowa.edu/display-examples/

Currently, documentation is little more then just the examples.

To be honest, my original intention was to donate this taglib to struts if
there was interest, as we are heavy struts users here at the U of Iowa, and
I wanted to give back if possible, but there is nothing "struts-specific"
about the taglib (other then using some struts-like naming conventions for
attributes), so it is probably more appropriately a candidate for the taglib
project, and as such, I have been working on getting the build process for
the tag working in a jakarta-taglib style.

I welcome any and all feedback and advice.  If this taglib seems like
something that would be useful for either struts or taglibs, please let me
know, and I'll be happy to work with either group to get it put into CVS and
on a more serious release schedule.

I am currently being presumptuous, and have the taglib living in the
org.apache.taglibs.display package, but if this doesn't seem like something
that would be of use to taglibs, I will certainly change the packaging to
something more appropriate.

Thanks.

-Ed Hill ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Software Developer - Information Technology Services - University of Iowa