( Republished under appropriate Subject :-( ).

Hey,

I've been toying with the idea of Modelling my form beans using XML Schema,
then generating the actual beans using some XML binding tool like Castor (which
should also generate my validate function).  I should also be able to use
Castor to do RDBMS mapping as well.. (but from a session bean manipulating the
formbeans for example).

I'm thinking of utilising schema from developments such as RosettaNet, BizTalk
Frameworks and ebXML - noting that often the info entered into forms could be
the same message information that might be passed between businesses. (Eg. a
Purchase Order, etc.).

I'm hoping that the result would: a) help to standardize the business app. b)
leave it wide open for making use of b-2-b developments such as webServices and
the above efforts. c) provide automatic form validation (inherent in the
Schema), d) obviate the  hand-coading of formbeans.

Any comments on this approach?  Has anyone tried this?

Cheers,

Jon