Jon,

I'm quite certain the parser has the ability, it just doesn't do it.
It's the generation of the Java code which is stopping it. I would think
you could hack it, so when an object's setter is called automatically
call it's validate() method (which the system creates both, so all you'd
have to hack is when and where) for each object continuing to set all
data (it carries invalid data quite happily, only complains when you ask
it to marshal the document out or validate it) and remember all the
validation errors which were thrown and just pop them into the pile for
Struts. Could be groovy... but it's not an out-of-the-box ability.

I've only had the chance to use the schema side of the matter. We use it
to create the XML documents against the schema, when we have to do
something which requires XML. I don't think my current client is a
particular fan of XML per-se.

Arron.