On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, David Graham wrote:

> Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:19:57 -0600
> From: David Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: HTML, XML, XHTML and <html:html>
>
> AFAIK, the only change is the closing / added to struts input tags.  All
> browsers support this for reasons mentioned previously.
>
> I guess I just don't see how this is a serious change and how existing apps
> behavior would change.  In my experience, over 95% of clients use Netscape
> 4.x+ or IE which both support this grammar.  Many other people use Opera
> which also supports this.

You seem awfully confident that you know what client devices and programs
are being used by all Struts apps :-).  It also goes totally against the
grain of how Struts enhancements have always been implemented -- leave the
default behavior the same as the previous version, and enable the new
feature with a parameter of some sort.

Let me say this more clearly:

-1 on unconditionally changing the output to emit the "/".

+0 on making this behavior dependent on xhtml="true" in the
   outermost <html:html> tag.